Boltifar Lead Mine, Warbeth
In 1755 miners from England worked the lead mines and shipped a considerable quantity of ore. Operations began on the West Shore in 1762, but work did not continue for long, as extracting the ore was not profitable.
The whole area was around 30 metres wide and it looks as if some exploration has taken place along the coastal path. There were two buildings associated with the site, but these are no longer visible.
Today, little can be seen of this mine. The entrance was dug horizontally into the base of the cliff. Coastal erosion and the collapse of the cliff around the entrance makes this site very difficult to find.