The Scapa Flow Landscape Partnership Scheme

 

SMS Cöln, wreck site, Scapa Flow

This light cruiser (also known as Köln/Koeln) was built by Blohm and Voss in Hamburg for the Imperial German Navy in 1916, sister ship to SMS Dresden. She was completed in January 1918 and saw service only patrolling the German Bight. Due to the poor state of her condensers SMS Cöln was the last ship to be interned in Scapa Flow in December 1918. 

Despite being owned by several salvage companies, the ship lies mostly intact in Scapa Flow, missing only propellors and an anchor. More information can be found here