The Scapa Flow Landscape Partnership Scheme

 

Lighthouse, Swona

The Swona lighthouse is at the south of the island, on the part of the shore known as The Tarf. The first lighthouse, a cast iron tower, was built as a Minor Light in 1906. It was replaced in 1983 by the present reinforced concrete structure. 

Copyright 2011 Scapa Flow Landscape Partnership Scheme