SS Redstone, wreck site, Kirk Sound
SS Redstone started life in 1918, built by William Gray & Co Ltd, West Hartlepool. Owned by the British Admiralty, and orginally called SS War Crag, the ship underwent several changes of name and owner before being purchased by the Admiralty and sunk as a blockship in May 1940.
The ship was salvaged in 1948 by Metal Industries Ltd and towed away for scrap. There are no blockships visible now at Barrier no 1.