The Scapa Flow Landscape Partnership Scheme

 

SMS S36, wreck site, Scapa Flow

 

This German destroyer, built by Schichau at Ebling, was launched on 7 October 1914. Interned at Scapa Flow following the 1918 Armistice, the ship was scuttled on 21 June 1919 along with the rest of the Imperial High Seas Fleet.
 
SMS S36 was raised by Cox and Danks on 18 April 1925, and used in the salvage operations of the bigger battleships before being scrapped herself in 1925-29.