SS Teeswood, wreck site, Skerry Sound
This iron steamship was built as SS Britannia in 1882 by Short Brothers Ltd, Pallion (Sunderland), and registered in Middlesbrough. Renamed SS Westwood by new owners in 1892, she became SS Teeswood in 1913 having been bought by Constantine Pickerin. She was scuttled in Skerry Sound on 19 September 1914. By the early 1990s, much salvaging had taken place, and only the engines now remain.