V78, wreck site, Scapa Flow
The German destroyer SMS V78 was built by Vulkan at Stettin shipyard and launched on 19 February 1916. Part of the High Seas Fleet brought to Scapa Flow in 1918, she scuttled on 21 June 1919. Whilst being towed to shore, the ship hit a rock and capsized.
The salvage company of Cox and Danks raised V78 on 7 September 1925, whereafter she was broken up for scrap.